Pages

Saturday 2 March 2013

I'm First; No you're Not, I am

She doesn't know which is first or second between her twins.

She came in with the child, a year old baby with cough. I didn't know the baby was a twin until she told me.

Usually the names Taiye/Taiwo - the first twin and Kehinde - the second twin; would have been used to register the case file. But not in this case.

So I asked her who's Taiwo and who's Kenny? Surprisingly she had no answer! She didn't know who to call Taiwo and who to call Kehinde between the two.

This was what happened. She was in labour and the labour became obstructed. With "Taiwo's" head visible from outside, it had gotten trapped in the pelvis.

So the doctors took her to the operating room for a Caesarian Section and brought "Kehinde" out first.

Thus she discarded the terms Taiye and Kehinde.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are highly appreciated